Changing the future with fun physical activities!
According to the CDC, childhood obesity has more than doubled in children and quadrupled in adolescents in the past 30 years. This can be attributed to unhealthy eating habits and an overall reduction in physical activity. The lasting longterm effect that obesity can have on our nation’s youth, from joint issues to diabetes, is truly frightening. EMU is dedicated to combatting childhood obesity so that our children and future generations can live long and healthy lives. This is why we have developed one of the nations leading Physical Education programs designed to help children get active and promote healthy lifestyles!
If you are concerned about the impact that childhood obesity will have on children and you want to help combat this epidemic from the front lines, then you should consider studying Physical Education with us! Our Physical Education programs are designed and committed to:
- Providing you with theoretical and practical knowledge on how to deliver exciting physical education programming
- Teaching you how to work with children, K-12 with and without disabilities
- Developing your professional qualities like knowledge, skill sets, and leadership
We currently offer five programs in our Physical Education Program at both graduate and undergraduate levels.
- Master of Science in Physical Education Pedagogy (PEP)
- Physical Education Pedagogy (PEP) Concentration
- Provisional Certification in Physical Education
- Sport Performance and Fitness Entrepreneurship Major
- Secondary Education Physical Education Minor
WHY STUDY WITH EMU?
We believe that PE teachers and Physical Educators play an incredibly vital role in our children’s overall health and wellbeing. Our drive is not to keep kids occupied or “burn off some steam”, rather our job is to make sure that they are fit and equipped with the skills necessary to live a healthy active life. By studying with us you will earn a highly respected and fully accredited degree from an institution that is renowned for both education and health science and shares your passion to make a lasting difference.
If you are interested in working to ensure that our nation’s children lead long and healthy lives, then we want to work with you and equip you with the skills and knowledge necessary to do so! We’d love to get to know you more; please fill out the form and we will contact you as quickly as possible to talk more about our programs and learn more about you!