Supporting those who care for others
We all know that the health care industry needs doctors, nurses, technicians, etc. who can provide immediate care for patients. But caring for the health and wellbeing of others extends far beyond working directly with patients or clients. The care that patients receive is intimately dependent on the administrators who support the daily operations of healthcare professionals and the institutions themselves.
Have you ever met an extremely talented doctor that was obviously discouraged by the financial or bureaucratic constraints of the hospital? Maybe you’ve encountered a nurse who cares deeply for their patients but is spread thin, overworked and in risk of burning out due to budgeting issues. Perhaps you’ve witnessed a loved one receive sub-par care because the institution couldn’t afford the tools necessary to properly treat them. All of these scenarios are examples of why the health care industry desperately needs health administrators who are passionate about ensuring the smooth operation of the institution and have a desire to help support those who work directly with patients, so they can receive the best care possible.
If you are interested in pursuing a career in Health Administration, we currently offer five programs that will train you for a fulfilling future making a difference in how people are cared for in nursing homes, hospitals, public health agencies, and other health care institutions.
- Graduate Certificate in Health Administration (HLAD)
- Graduate Certificate in Healthcare Informatics
- Master of Health Administration
- Health Administration Major
- Health Administration Minor
Why should you study Health Administration at EMU?
We recognize that even though healthcare institutions operate as businesses; the primary objective is to care for the wellbeing of the patient. We will teach you how to ensure that day-to-day operations function smoothly, which ultimately helps provide patients with outstanding care.
- We foster a supportive, intellectually dynamic, and diverse learning environment.
- We will prepare you with the necessary skills to become a highly effective health service professional, administrator, and leader.
- Our faculty are industry professionals with practical, real world experience. This ensures that you are being exposed to information and training that is relevant to the current and upcoming landscape in Health Administration.
- (Any other specifics or unique value propositions about the program that give you an edge over the competition)
If you are passionate about transforming the healthcare industry and working to support the people and processes that care for the health and wellbeing of others, then we think you’d be a great fit here at Eastern Michigan University’s College of Health and Human Services. We’d love to get to know you more; please fill out the form and we will contact you as quickly as possible to talk more about our programs and learn more about you!