A scientific approach to exercise, designed to transform lives
Exercise is one of the most important components of living a healthy lifestyle. If you’re thinking about a career in Exercise Science, you’ve probably already experienced the amazing, transformational benefits of exercise on your own body and overall wellbeing
Exercise helps our bodies to get stronger, last longer, and perform better; it makes you feel physically and mentally balanced.
However, the type and amount of exercise a person requires can vary greatly from person to person. That’s why the Exercise Science program here at EMU exists: The Exercise Science program here at EMU exists because the benefits of exercise are incredible, but the science behind exercise can be quite complex.
Our Exercise Science program provides a scientific basis for improving lives through exercise. From proper exercise techniques, to how different types of exercise affect our bodies, there’s a nearly limitless amount of knowledge to gain which will help you make a lasting impact on the health and well-being of your future patients and clients
Our Exercise Science programs are designed and committed to:
- Teaching you the short-term and long-term effects of various types, amounts and levels of physical exercise on your body.
- Providing you with a solid, clinically based education that is rooted in exercise.
- Providing you with the opportunity for practical, clinical, and fitness-based practical experiences
We currently offer two programs in our Exercise Science Program at both graduate and undergraduate levels.
Why Study With EMU?
Exercise and fitness have become essential parts of healthy living, especially as physical inactivity is considered a major risk factor for heart disease and other ailments. Proper exercise is important for preventing diseases, and has been scientifically proven to aid in treating various illnesses. That’s why we want to provide you with an industry renowned education in this exciting and rapidly growing field of study. Exercise Science is committed to improving health promotion and human performance.
- Our Exercise Science program provides a balanced, science-based curriculum that is appropriate for a variety of pre-professional studies.
- EMU’s Human Performance Laboratories, which includes the Running Science Laboratory, provides personalized consultations and exercise testing to measure and improve individual athlete’s performance.
- Our Running Science laboratory provides performance measurements designed to give you first hand insight and experience into the science of exercise. Measurements include biochemical assessments such as Running Performance and Injury Assessment and physiological assessments including VO2max Testing, Lactate Threshold, and Running Economy.
- Our accredited and experienced faculty and state-of-the-art facilities ensure that our programs are industry renowned and that you will receive the highest quality education and knowledge.
- Collaborate and engage with the community and research projects in an exceptional learning environment, ultimately improving people’s lives through proper exercise and knowledge of the human body.
If you are interested in learning and gaining hands on experience in the field of Exercise Science, then we think you’d be a great fit here at Eastern Michigan University’s College of Health and Human Services. We’d love to get to know you more; please fill out the form and we will contact you as quickly as possible to talk more about our programs and learn more about you!