Help Improve The Health Of Your Community
If you’re considering a career in nutrition or dietetics, you probably see a correlation between health and proper nutrition and diet. Maybe you’ve witnessed a loved one develop type 2 diabetes or perhaps you’ve personally experienced the benefits of healthy eating in your own life. Whatever the case, you know this: proper diet and nutrition are important.
We believe that the quality of human health is intimately related to the foods that we consume. We think of nutrition and dietetics from the perspective of input and output. In order to enjoy a healthy life, it is essential for all people to have a deeper understanding of how the food that we consume (input) affects the performance of our bodies and our overall health (output).
Our dietetics and nutrition programs are committed to teaching you:
- How food and nutrition affect the health and performance of our bodies
- Proper eating habits and nutrition for yourself and others
- The knowledge and skills necessary for you to help your future patients and clients make healthful nutrition choices
We currently offer four programs in Dietetics and Human Nutrition at both the graduate and undergraduate levels.
- Master of Science in Dietetics (DTC)
- Master of Science in Human Nutrition (NUTR)
- Dietetics Major (DTC)
- Human Nutrition Minor
Why Study With EMU?
Because of the importance that we place on proper nutrition and eating habits, we make every effort to ensure that our programs are industry renowned.
- Our dietetics programs are fully accredited by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics, the accrediting agency for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- When you successfully complete our Coordinated Program in Dietetics (CP) and your degree from EMU, you will be issued a verification statement, which makes you eligible to take the Registration Examination for Dietitians through the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR).
- We provide locational flexibility with on campus and distance-online courses allowing you to complete the program within the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA) Guidelines for a variety of states within the U.S.
- We provide student-centered learning opportunities and an exceptional learning environment where you will be constantly interpreting and responding to food and nutrition service delivery and applying new technologies to your dietetic education.
If you are interested in working together to improve health through proper diet and nutrition, then we think you’d be a great fit here. We’d love to get to know you more; please fill out the form and we will contact you as quickly as possible to talk more about our programs and learn more about you!