Nursing – Driven to make a difference
Those who work as nurses are by every stretch of the definition, remarkable. If you’re interested in becoming a nurse, you’re probably not driven by glamour, fame or recognition–you have an intense desire to care for and help other people. The long hours, mentally and physically taxing experiences are all completely worth it because you know that you will have made a lasting difference in the lives of others.
Our passion for working together to improve the lives of others is what has helped the School of Nursing at EMU’s College of Health and Human Services become one of Michigan’s premier nursing institutions. If you want to help people and make a difference in the lives of others, we think you would be a great fit here.
We currently offer nine nursing programs and two graduate certificates that range from undergraduate to graduate levels:
- Master of Science in Nursing – Adult Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Master of Science in Nursing – Adult Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- Graduate Certificate in Quality Improvement in Health Care (QIHC)
- Graduate Certificate in Teaching in Health Care Systems (HCS)
- Doctor of Philosophy in Educational Studies (EDST)
- Nursing Major – B.S.N. (NURS)
- Nursing Major—B.S.N. 2+2 (NURS)
- Nursing Major – B.S.N. Second Degree (NURB)
- Nursing Major – B.S.N. Collaborative Degree (NURW)
- Nursing Major—B.S.N. Completion (NURC)
- Nursing Major—B.S.N. RN/BSN Online (R2B)
Why Study at EMU
We will be completely honest with you, the path to becoming a nurse is competitive and difficult. Like the profession itself, our programs require commitment, courage, and mental strength. It won’t be easy, but we promise you, it’s worth it.
Students who successfully make it into our School of Nursing will:
- Study in an institution that has a legacy of educational excellence where students and faculty are partners in their learning.
- Work with faculty who desire to produce competent and compassionate nurses who will become clinicians, educators, leaders and scholars in healthcare.
- Be challenged to engage the world from different perspectives and embrace nursing as both an art and a science.
- Recognize health as a dynamic phenomenon and help people see a healthier way forward.
- Treat people with respect, sensitivity and dignity – as unique and whole beings.
- Never stop learning.
If you are driven to make a difference, and believe you have what it takes to become an exceptional nurse, then we are interested in chatting with you. Fill out the form on this page and one of our staff members will reach out to you and discuss your next steps in the path to becoming a nurse!